Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Flash fill in technique for a fashion photograph shot late in the day

If your shooting late in the day with that beautiful gold contrasty light but its going as the sun goes down.

I am often in this situation but still need to shoot pictures that day.

Like on a shoot I was doing in Wester Australia last December for a swimwear catalogue for MISSKINI.

We were shooting our last collection of swimwear for the day but the sun was going down very fast and I still had 4 shots left and they need to have a concistency with the rest of the shots Id been doing.

This is how I got over the problem:

I had an assistant holding a 1mtr gold foil reflector up to the side of myself so if I aim a flash gun onto the reflector it would bounces lovely golden light onto my modeI, I set the flash exposure to be approx 1 to 2 stops under the ambient reading taken from my models position.

This is one of the shots taken this way.



To read more fashion photography lighting techniques CLICK

No comments: